With only a month to go before Chef’s Gala, several of this year’s most talented chefs teamed up to prepare and preview some of the amazing menu items that will be served on May 21.
The occasion was the Chef’s Gala media preview, hosted by Primo at the JW Marriott, Grande Lakes Orlando, and the food was incredible!
If you’ve been to Chef’s Gala, you know it’s Central Florida’s premier food and wine-pairing charitable event, benefiting Heart of Florida United Way. Hosted and sponsored by Walt Disney World, it’s a terrific opportunity to enjoy a special night out, thank employees or impress customers. This year’s event is co-chaired by Carolyn Gosselin, President of Gosselin, Inc., and John Tomlinson, Senior Vice President and Florida Manager of Wells Fargo Bank.
Within the local culinary community, Chef’s Gala is also an opportunity for more than 20 of the region’s top chefs to showcase their talent, inspiration and creativity – all of which were fully evident in the fabulous food served during the preview.
- Lean-sliced Filet Mignon with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce and Wicked Cajun Barbeque Shrimp, prepared by Chef Partner Alec Cheak from Flemings Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
- Pressed-braised Veal, Spiced Heirloom Carrots, Morel Hominy, Chervil-Citrus Salad, and English Pea Vinaigrette, served by Chef de Cuisine Jared Gross from Napa at The Peabody Orlando
- Peekeytoe Crab Gougere with a Florida Avocado Crema and Heirloom Tomato Soup, created by Chef Gilberto Ramirez from Primo by Melissa Kelly
And just when we thought it couldn’t get any better, Pastry Chef Andreas Born from Disney’s Hollywood Studios™ Bakery, presented a stunning sampling of his signature desserts, including:
- Tiramisù Pane Cotta with Candied Espresso Beans
- Chocolate Three Ways…Dark Almond-Buttermilk Cake layered with Milk Chocolate Truffle Cream and topped with White-Chocolate Chambord
- Banana Filo Crisp on a Vanilla Cloud
What more can we say, other than tickets are going fast! Click here to purchase and find out why we believe Chef’s Gala is Truly a Tasteful Way to Make a Difference!