Heart of Florida United Way concluded its 2014-2015 campaign last night with fanfare at the annual LIVE UNITED Victory Celebration. Campaign Chair Tony Massey, COO and President of Massey Services, announced that the campaign exceeded last year’s total by nearly $300,000, with the final total reaching $18,502,184!
Hundreds of workplace giving campaign participants attended the celebration at the Heaven Event Center in Orlando.
“Million Dollar Champions” Lockheed Martin, Publix Super Markets, and Walt Disney World led workplace giving, instituting robust engagement campaigns that inspired their employees.
“The dedication and generosity of the organizations who participated in this year’s Campaign was overwhelming,” said Massey. “The funds raised over the past several months will allow United Way to continue funding hundreds of programs that help our neighbors in need.”
More than 400 Central Florida companies and organizations ran workplace campaigns to benefit local non-profit programs supported by United Way that provide services in HFUW’s core focus areas: health, income, education and basic needs.
Other special recognitions included:
- The Spirit Award was given to CNLBank to recognize their powerful and motivated campaign.
- The Exceptional Employee Campaign Manager award was given to Karen Clesen of Enterprise Rent-A-Car for her work organizing team involvement.
- The Executive Champion award was issued to Chad Wilson of Publix Super Markets, recognizing his ability to inspire and lead by example.
- The Chairman’s Award for exceeding volunteer, leadership and financial expectations was given to Adventist Health System.
- The special Diamond Anniversary Award was given to Publix Super Markets for their exceptional philanthropic commitment, volunteerism and community impact.
Top campaign partners, raising more than $300,000 each, included Wells Fargo, Darden Restaurants, Inc., Tupperware Brands Corporation, AT&T, Orange County Government, City of Orlando, UPS Florida, Florida Hospital and SunTrust Bank of Central Florida.
Major Partners, each raising more than $100,000, included Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, P.A., Orlando Health, CenturyLink, Duke Energy, SeaWorld Orlando, FedEX Corporation, University of Central Florida, Siemen’s Energy, Inc., Bank of America, Adventist Health System, OUC—The Reliable One, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and CNL Financial, Inc.
Thousands of people in Central Florida have been helped by Heart of Florida United Way. Donations received through the campaign help our neighbors in need, building a sustainable future for the community. We are proud of what we have accomplished this year and look to build on this success and achieve even more for next Campaign as we continue to change lives.